Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All Stang Crazies
First post here, so here it goes. I've got a 66 fastbask 289 4BBL. I'm doing a "little" engine work and I have a question about the heat choke tube that connects from the carb to the exhaust manifold. In the process of removing my valve covers I broke the heat choke tube at the connection with the exhaust manifold. Is this a replacement part I can find anywhere? How will this effect performance without it?
Thanks for you help!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without it the choke will be drawing in unfiltered air. The most common problem associated with this is that the choke internals will get gummed up and eventually stop moving. The dirty air is also getting into your engine.

Depending upon which side of the "stove" in the manifold the break ocurred on you may not be getting the benefit of the air being warmed before entering the choke which may affect the warm-up time for your car.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
your auto choke will not work without it - it should be replaced. most Mustang supply housess have them for about $10 - 15. you will probably need to clean hole out in exh manifold wilth appropiately sixed drill bit - new tube goes in as friction fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.