Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the end of the heater cable that loops around the end of the Heat control slider on a '68 there is (was, actually) some sort of a doohickie that held the cable to the end of the slider. I've got it handled on the end of the cable that actually connects to the heater box. It's the other end that is coming loose. What is it/what did it look like/where can I find one if mine is missing?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I'm a little unclear. You are talking about the end of the cable that connects to the level in the dash.

Where the cables attach to the heatbox door hinge-thingies, the doohickie looked like a little tophat that was slightly crimped. You probably remember popping it off.

·
Registered
36,648 Posts
Probably just a plain old push nut. Check out the hardware bins at the local Ace or True Value

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry - clarity has never been a strength of mine! It's the end that goes on the lever in the dash. I knew about the tophat looking nuts at the other end, but I can't remember what held it on the dash end... I do remember thinking "I'd better not lose this", which for me is the kiss of death....

G

·
0 Posts
The cable end is an "S" hook.
Many old cable ends rust off with time, so it may be time you replaced it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts