Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heater motor is not working at all. I think it is a disconnected wire ate the switch (but not totally sure). Anyway it is hard to get to with under the dash ac from the bottom. Anyway what am I looking at here. Is it a push on connection? I may have to remove the radio speaker and go in from the top.

Over the years is had quit and I reached up and moved some wires and it work just fine. After installing a new radio and dash speaker---no heater motor.

Just looking for advice.

G

·
Which wiring setup do you have? Does your heater switch turn off in the middle position? Are there 3 or 2 wires on your heater motor?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It turns off in the middle position with low to the left and high to the right. I don't know about how many wires to the heater motor and I am not by the car now. Thanks

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay thanks.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
How about just pulling out the ash tray and it's support bracket? Maybe you can see well enough that way.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have a point. The support bracket is in the way. I didn't want to take it out thinking the speaker might be easier. I might try to remove the support bracket. I just feel it is a bad connection because as I said over the years I would reach up the (blindly) and it would start working fine. Now I reach up there and it still doesn't work. Must have come disconnected somehow.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is getting the cluster out difficult? Would I have to get behind it to remove any fasteners?

G

·
6 screws and pull out. You may have to unscrew the speedo cable to get enough clearance. Be sure to lay a towel down on the steering column so it doesn't get scratched.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts