Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh... so I changed my starter this past weekend on my '68/289 auto. Went fairly smoothly, it's not that hard to do. I also put in a new antenna because my old one broke. Fed the antenna cable thru the firewall and to the radio, wasn't that hard either.

Somehow after that, my heater doesn't work, and it idles at 1500rpm now. I tried backing out the screw on the carb to lower it, like I have done before, didn't work. I am thinking one has to do with the other? I don't know if I accidentally unhooked something under the dash or hood. Anyhow, really annoying and looking for any suggestions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, well apparently I am a doofus. When changing out the starter, I guess I inadvertently hit a few things.

This is how it is supposed to look. Earlier, it was not under the clamp, so it wasnt fastened down. I went looking at pics of my engine area to see if I could find anything wrong. I saw that. Also I unplugged one of the wires on my electronic choke.

So crysis adverted, Im just clumsy and messed up a few things. Heat works and it idles like it should. Sorry for the false alarm.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Wouldn't the pcv coming out make it idle fast? Check that it is in. It is on that side. Heater??? Check for wires you might have knocked off under the dash. It's a place to start.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Good! I've unplugged my choke by accident before as well. It's nice to fix things without opening the wallet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts