Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an early model 65 Coupe. It has the 3 wire heater blower motor and two speed fan switch. The blower motor wasn't coming on when I flipped the switch so I jumped the switch and the blower came on, so I know the problem is the wiring or the switch itself. Like a dolt I took the switch out and didn't realize the knob came off via an allen screw, so I just broke it off. Needless to say I have to replace the switch. My first question is, will the later '65 and '66 heater switches work for an early model '65? I can't seem to find any specific for an early model '65/64.5. Also, anyone know the position of the fuse for the heater switch? I guess I should check there for a bad fuse, but am not sure which fuse location and it is hard to get my fat ass up in there to see.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sooo...if I can't find the switch I need to replace the fan motor, add a resistor and re-do the wiring?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Here's one on Ebay Link

The fuse box is on the driver's side kick panel almost in the dash. Seems like it's in the headliner when your trying to get at it. ;)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Ah yes, thanks John.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I did find someone on here that has a two speed switch. I also found a blown fuse, so that was probably the problem all along...go figure. Sometimes I make things harder than they should be. Is there a diagram of the fuse panel that shows which fuses are for which circuits? I would sure like to know what all the fuses are for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts