Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new carb yesterday got it all tuned in ... and went to got for a drive. About half a block larter coolent starts pouring in from under the dash (hmmm I thought I might be loosing a little coolent) ... so much fo the drive. So it's either the hoses (I doubt it) or the heater right? can I just attach the hoses togeather for a while without hurting anything until I can afford to replace the heater in a week or so ... or am I parked for then? Also any info on what I need to remove to get to it would help

·
Registered
727 Posts
You're right. It's most likely the heater core. You can bypass the core for a while without any problems.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Assuming the problem is a bad heater core, you can bypass the heater core entirely. Remove both hoses from the heater core and the ports they attach to, at the water pump and on the intake. Run a single hose to connect the ports from which you just removed the hoses from the heater core. All you're doing is removing the heater core from the circuit. Dump the old heater core, they're dirt cheap to replace. I got a replacement from Autozone for $10 and it has a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
be VERY carefull when you take the heater assembly apart. make sure you take the fiber glass box that the heater core is in first, than take the clips off of the box so you can get it open to get the core out. when you take the metal clips off , it is easy to break the fiberglass, than you are sol.

- Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts