Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gone but never forgotten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in need of a passenger side inner 1/4 panel trim (the fiberglass one that forms the arm rest). I got one that came with the fold down seat set that I bought, but it had been shodily repaired. After seeing several good ones go for over $200/each on e-hay, I decided to fix the one I have.

I went over the damaged area with some bondo, and put it on nice and smooth. Then while the bondo was still tacky, I pressed some 60 grit sand paper onto it to give it the texture it needed. After it cured, I sanded it lightly with 1000 grit paper, then gave it many coats of lacquer shot from almost 2 feet away. It is extremely difficult now to see where the repair was, and I'm sure no one will ever notice if I don't specifically point it out.

It now looks good enough that it can go into my sportsroof :D

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Way to go, John! A little ingenuity really pays off. And, doesn't it feel good when it does?

G

·
Gee John I saw your subject line and my first thought was.....
Stop driving so fast :D :D :D :D

Sorry bud couldn't resist. ::

·
Gone but never forgotten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the court notices in the mail for my "2 speeding tickets in .7 miles by the same cop" (I measured the distance from one ticket to the next) in the mail yesterday. One ticket is for $181, the other for $111. Fat chance ... see you in court, Barney Fife! :: It still boggles my mind that we let a guy like this run around with a loaded weapon!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
You'd be surprised what you can make out of bondo. I under stand Chevrolet makes a 2-seater sports car out of the stuff! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.