Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this point, Hell-Eleanor will not be at Roundup. Attempting to bleed the Hydraulic Clutch I noticed a leak in the worst place possible...on the throughout bearing inside the bell housing! The transmission is going to have to come out. Removal of the shifter with the fun-to-install linkage, TCP X-Bar and maybe even the freshly installed exhaust may need to come out. Not to mention that I may have soaked the clutch plate with fluid so bad that it will have to be replaced. I did have an appointment to have it aligned this morning. Also the clip that holds the pedal assembly together fell off right after I noticed the leak and now it moves from side to side and may need to take it out completely to put it back together right...I am so depressed. I wanted to take it to the show so bad!!!!! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I had it taken to West Coast Restoration this afternoon. I am sick at this point and just want it to work, slim chance they will be able to get it fixed it time.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Lets put it on the trailer and get it to the show before everyone else shows up!!! No one will ever know. It can just sit there and look sweet and get exposure. No one will be the wiser, except you.....and me.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Quick! Delete this post before anyone else reads it!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I may do that... depends on what shape it is in tomorrow night. It would need West Coast to bring it in their trailer (Not sure they would want to do that), it would bottom out in mine and yours due to the really low exhaust.

I am looking forward to seeing your Mach!

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Mine??? It's a POJ. Better name for it is grandstander. You know, looks good from the grandstands, but when you get up close....still need to do all the body work. But, other than that, its fun to drive and faster than sh*&$t!!! You going to head to Monroe in the morning to see all the cars?

I plan on being there about 8:30-8:45.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
I've done that twice with my coupe--both times after major restoration sessions. The first time was at the San Diego Sea World show in 1985. We finished the car (sort of) at 1:00 a.m., five hours before I had to leave for the show. It ran like a Chevy and had virtually no brakes due to a rear brake line leak we couldn't fix.

All I had to do was drive from the parking lot of the motel across the street to the show. I was praying all the way as the car rattled and bucked. The brake leak was noticed at the tech inspection but everything else passed fine. I took a second place and was very happy about it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

The second time was last year at Albuquerque where it had several items unfinished. It was really just on display, but they gave me a Gold concours award anyways.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Yeah, feel for you.... Was going to this year too, All I have left is to install the stereo,console,carpet, gauges and the front buckets. Ordered the stereo two weeks ago, but because of the 68 console I need a special stereo for the knobs to clear the padding. Stereo still hasn't come and of course I've been waiting for it to put the rest together...figuring it would be an easier install........now its to late..........

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Sorry for your troubles. I would love to see more pics of Helleanor, if you have them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the posts! I am going to transport it there. This darn hydraulic clutch...shipped with one of the rubber seals missing. After fixing that we could not get it setup right to engage and disengage the clutch. I then somehow pushed it to hard and blew the bearing seals! We must have reinstalled that transmission 20 times in the last 24 hours trying to get it to work. Now I am considering a totally new setup. Maybe JMC may have something for the Richmond 6? All these modifications look good in the magazine, but they do not alway work like you think they will. See you at the show Sunday with my limping Helleanor! I will also be there tomorrow setting up the booth and checking out the judged cars.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey so you made roundup! I talked to you a bit while you were hob knobbing. Beautiful car! Where did you get the body work for it? Do you have a website setup? I have a bunch of digital pictures of the car if you would any.

Kerry (The guy that asked you about the victor jr. head and the wheels right before you started it up around lunch time)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts