Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a 65 mustang after goin through ownership of a 94 coupe and an 84 LX 302 4bbl convertible(had to work the wife into the idea). It is my first true restoration project and I will no doubt be peppering you all with questions. I will post pictures when I can. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I have been a mustang fan since I can remember. I am 34, married with 2 little ones and live in Florida(NJ resident originally). Hope to have some answers to help some of you out as well as I got a large amount of technical work on the 84(last of the carborated 302's).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good Luck with the resto! I have one undermy belt so far.

Don't forget to bag and label everything and when in doubt - videotape.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roger that, digital camera, supplies, lots of tupperware at the ready. Gonna learn the hard way. The good thing is the guy had so much stuff in his garage that came with the car, I will no doubt wind up with some trade material. lol Just looking at some Mach 1(1970 I think) tailite glass. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
a friend of mine recently visited family in florida, and everyone he met down there said they were 'originally from new jersey'. I dunno how you people deal with that heat...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL Jersey, the answer is Florida is in reality the Southern most tip of NJ/NY/Penn without the state taxes and you NEVER get used to the heat. Been here 10 years a still hate to do anything outside Jun-Sept(except play with the Mustangs). I am in process of 'cataloging' all the PO's stuff. The interior was not even in the car so those questions will be coming your way soon. Thanks all for the welcome.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've lived here all my life and have always refered to South FLorida and South NJ.
Where in Florida are you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cape Coral Sw coast S of Tampa. Looking for a good welding shop I can trust around here. Any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts