Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member of the site but have never introduced myself. My wife and I have a 1966 convertible, C code. Why we decided to buy the car is of some interest. In early 2018, my wife and I both went into remission after cancer treatment (Jennifer for Hodgkin's lymphoma, myself for prostate cancer) Afterwards, Jennifer said she wanted to have a convertible and I wanted a vintage Mustang. Thus the 1966. The body is a non-stock orange color. The body and under-chassis are rust-free. The interior had new carpets and upholstery.

Since we bought the car we have replaced (or in many cases had replaced) many of the hard pieces in the interior and exterior (we are not patina people). For safety's sake we had the car converted to 4 wheel disc brakes and I replaced the seat belts and installed LED head, tail, turn signal and reverse lights. To keep peace with the neighbors we had the glass packs replaced with somewhat quieter mufflers (although our next door neighbor has a Cobra kit car with glass packs). Our Mustang already had dual exhausts. For appearances sake we had the white letter tires replaced with red lines and the black convertible top replaced with a white one. Next, I want to remove the white tape stripes above the rocker panels (not to our taste).

In a perfect world this year's scope would include a 347 stroker from Ford Performance, and AOD to replace the C4 and 3.8 gears with posi-traction. A suspension upgrade would be included in this dream. It remains to be sen if this comes to fruition.

Sorry for the long post - I do tend to ramble on. I have been researching issues on the site and have gotten a lot of good information. I hope to post some photos soon.

Don

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome to VMF from just north of you.

The Villages claim to fame is having the highest STD rate in the state. Might be geezerville, but its where the action is!

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,202 Posts
Welcome to VMF.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My golf cart is a plain Yamaha (with speed limiter increased to 24 mph). I have seen a Mustang golf cart around the Villages. Being married makes the STD issue moot for us.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Welcome to VMF. Lots of Mustang Folks in Central Fl.

·
Premium Member
4,324 Posts
Welcome to VMF ! And CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on showing cancer who's boss ! How about some pics of your slick ride ?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Welcome and glad to hear both are well.

Nice Mustang.

Geezervile...LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts