Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

first I have to apologize. You will find a lot of mistakes in my english phrases but I try my best.
My name is Michael and I'm only a few years younger than my Mustang. As you have probably noticed I'm a german Dude and I live in the middle of germany.
2 years ago I realized my biggest dream and after approx. 7 years of searching i bought myself a 66 Mustang Fastback. One of the best ideas in my life :)
I'm a member of the "First Mustang Club of Germany" and also active in the corresponding forum.
I got the idea to try out also the communication with poeple who knows best the roots of my Pony and hopefully I'm welcome :)
For sure I will learn a lot here.

Cheers

Michael

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Michael,
Welcome to the forum!
Great to have you here, you will find the VMF to be a great source
for Classic Mustang info.

Tell us more about your car and of course we always
enjoy plenty of pictures!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Welkommen Herr Michael. Dein Englisch ist sehr gut! Ich habe Deutsche im Schule fur funfe jahre gelernt. Haben Sie fotos diene Mustang?

Did I get the last sentence correct? I'm a little out of practice and can't remember how to say "photos of your Mustang"

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Hi German Dude,
Welcome to a great Mustang forum. There is an occasional other Ford product owner asking for assistance, as well. Just ask away!

Tell us about your ride, maybe upload a pic. Need help with uploading a pic, just ask.
...and remember Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Hi Michael! Welcome to VMF! Many of could take English lessons from you. Hope you enjoy your Mustang and the hobby.

Slim

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Welcome!

Don't worry about your English, it is fine. I am a fan of your country's cars too! I would like one of these:

Or one of these. :)

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Hallo Michael! Wie bist du? Ich heisse Justin.

I won't try any more German. I took four years in high school and I loved learning the language and the culture. I'd love to visit someday. My father's ancestors were German.

Your English is great, in fact, you use it better than some Americans and many people on the Internet. Let us know more about your Mustang and share some pictures!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Guys,

first I have to apologize. You will find a lot of mistakes in my english phrases but I try my best.
My name is Michael and I'm only a few years younger than my Mustang. As you have probably noticed I'm a german Dude and I live in the middle of germany.
2 years ago I realized my biggest dream and after approx. 7 years of searching i bought myself a 66 Mustang Fastback. One of the best ideas in my life :)
I'm a member of the "First Mustang Club of Germany" and also active in the corresponding forum.
I got the idea to try out also the communication with poeple who knows best the roots of my Pony and hopefully I'm welcome :)

Cheers

Michael
Can not wait to go back for the Doner's Kabop!
I know its not german but the ones they sell there are the best.
I was stationed in Babenhausen and my wife is from Darmstadt.

Welcome!

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Welcome to VMF Michael.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hallo

ist ein lustiger Verein hier, vor allem da es nicht wie die beiden deutschen Foreun in Privatbesitz ist gibt es hier keine animositäten wie im Club oder auf dem Dr. ohne Zulassung auf seiner Seite.

Ebenfalls einen Gruß aus der Mitte Deutschlands!

I just told him how nice it is here, even when you are not a member of a german board or club.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Welcome! Pictures :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Welcome Michael,

I'm from the same side of the pond as you, and have been a VMF member for years, and I can assure you, you'll have a very hard time, asking a stang question, the people here cant answer.

/Paul

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hello Michael!!

Ich kann auch Deutsch sprechen,
aber, weil dies ein english-Forum ist,
Ich ziehe vor, english zu sprechen.

I can speak german also
but, since this is an english forum
prefer to speak english

I have been to germany many times
good luck with your cool car
would very much like to see some pictures of it!!

could you post a link to the german mustang site?

Iowa (dave)

·
Registered
637 Posts
I guess a lot of us are on a 'du' basis with Michael, apparently. I didn't realize this forum was that relaxed. ;-) I have friends I've known for years and still don't use 'du'.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi Guys,

Cheers

Michael

Micheal, post pics of your ride when you can!
Joe

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you very much for such a warm welcome.
Of course i will not hesitate to show you some pictures of my baby. Isn't it beautiful?

@lunarweasel
your choice is not bad. The 2002 and the 300 SL are making a good case for the german automotive industry
@all which are writing some german sentences to me
I appreciate your words, they make me feel welcome. The questions about the german forum link and the correct words in german are already answered. Thanks for that.

Michael

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
WOW!!!!!!! That's a very nice car. The center pic looks like something Ford would have put on a post card or something. Welcome to this forum and let me say your english is great. I really love the fact that you come to us from a foreign country with an American car and speak our language so well. We've got people here that won't even try to learn.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts