Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad and I just bought a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 this past Thursday and we have already removed all of the interior in order to begin fixing the floor panels and do a little bit of upholstery. Our next step is to remove the 351 and have it rebuild by a good friend and have it running before we begin doing the body work!

Am more than sure during this process VMF is going to be alot of help!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Welcome! I'm from Houston too. Cypress actually, but it's all the same thing lol.

·
VMF Ambassador
6,655 Posts
Welcome! Might want to start working on that bodywork now while you can :) Some members here have been working on it for years and it still isn't done. And believe me... as soon as that motor's running, you won't want to do any bodywork, you'll want to drive the car!

I'm quite jealous of your car, by the way - I've got a '66 fastback with a 289 in it that I'm working on now to be my daily driver, but I'd really like to build a '69 Mach 1 (or Mach 1 clone) with a 428 in it :D You always need more horsepower, right? :p

·
Registered
997 Posts
I'm also from Houston, Heights area specifically. Have a 65 convert doing major sheet metal replacement on and currently rebuilding/restoring braking system on 73 convertible so we can enjoy the nice spring weather in Houston. Also building up a Kirkham Cobra. Lot's of Ford in our garage. Best of luck on the 69, they are great cars. Who's doing the 351 rebuild? are you going to warm it up a little?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! Might want to start working on that bodywork now while you can :) Some members here have been working on it for years and it still isn't done. And believe me... as soon as that motor's running, you won't want to do any bodywork, you'll want to drive the car!

I'm quite jealous of your car, by the way - I've got a '66 fastback with a 289 in it that I'm working on now to be my daily driver, but I'd really like to build a '69 Mach 1 (or Mach 1 clone) with a 428 in it :D You always need more horsepower, right? :p
So true, Now that you mention that am going to look into doing body work now. We do have a good amount of our good ol friend "Rust"

haha I've always wanted a 66,67 or 68 fastback so am jealous too. Always need more HP.

I'm also from Houston, Heights area specifically. Have a 65 convert doing major sheet metal replacement on and currently rebuilding/restoring braking system on 73 convertible so we can enjoy the nice spring weather in Houston. Also building up a Kirkham Cobra. Lot's of Ford in our garage. Best of luck on the 69, they are great cars. Who's doing the 351 rebuild? are you going to warm it up a little?
I hope someday my garage will be like yours haha Kirkham Cobra....man I just saw 3 of them rolling together from a car show in Kemah...love those cars. I got a friend in Tomball who has a friend who does all of his engine rebuilding out of his home, speaking of that am suppose to call him today to get a price :}0

We haven't even had to chance to get it going, we are taking a deeper look this week to see if there was damage done to block, heads, etc.

Welcome! I'm from Houston too. Cypress actually, but it's all the same thing lol.
Thanks! Yeah I'm from Pasadena physically but its all the same thing! lol

·
Registered
9,844 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man! ^^^^ Am sure I will be posting some questions soon.

Very nice collection you got there bro!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts