Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’m not quite officially a member of the owner’s club just yet. Looking to buy a 67-69, but leaning toward splitting the difference with a 68.

I’m hoping to soak up all the knowledge available and find some like minded people to talk to.

·
Dimples
3,757 Posts
Howdy! Out of curiosity, why those years? 67-68 are very similar, while 69 is a much different body style that is very similar to 70. I only ask because it’s a bit usual for someone to exclude a 70 from this kind of conversation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlakeTX, honestly there’s not a really good reason other than still being a little uneducated on when body styles changed. I’ve been looking almost exclusively at 67-68’s. Original searches included 69’s and 70’s, but I zeroed in on the earlier cars pretty quickly.

It might already be apparent, but I only recently started looking at classic mustangs.

·
Dimples
3,757 Posts
BlakeTX, honestly there’s not a really good reason other than still being a little uneducated on when body styles changed. I’ve been looking almost exclusively at 67-68’s. Original searches included 69’s and 70’s, but I zeroed in on the earlier cars pretty quickly.

It might already be apparent, but I only recently started looking at classic mustangs.
No worries. We all gotta start somewhere. There's no wrong choices as far as years. Keep us posted on the hunt.

·
Premium Member
10,065 Posts
I actually think '69 was the best year ever. And I would not accept a '70. I don't like the headlights/grille nor the recessed taillights. But I am biased as this 45 year old photo shows.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts