Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1966 mustang coupe
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've been a mechanic for 25+ years but have never done a full project car. I found my newest car, a 66 mustang coupe over 2 weeks ago, met the seller, bought the car and today we (wife named Shelby) brought it home. We have the original 289, original automatic trans, car is in pretty good shape but needs totally gone through. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can to do this right. Please bear with me on the newbie Q's.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,488 Posts
Welcome to VMF. Good luck with your project. Any pics of your 66 Coupe?.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Welcome to VMF. You now have the chance to build a special Shelby Mustang :)

·
Registered
1966 mustang coupe
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was considering something like that, however, being new to the mustang world I didn't want to build a fake Shelby without understanding the climate of such things. In certain circles it may be ok while in others it may be blasphemous. My goal I think is to make the car look good, not a true restoration but more of a resto mod or something down that line. Look good, run good, drive and stop very well.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I didn't want to build a fake Shelby without understanding the climate of such things. In certain circles it may be ok while in others it may be blasphemous.
Welcome! The good thing is that you can choose which circles you run in. And if others don't like what you're doing, you get to ignore them.

You have a good plan so far. Drive, run and stop. Then make it look good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts