Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
Your fastback resembles Kelly H's "Jane", I think even including mudflaps. Great color! Jane has a better stance though imo. Why does your wheelbase seem short in that pic, and why the extended length rear shackles? Welcome to VMF! :)

·
Dimples
3,863 Posts
That’s a heck of a title you have there, lol.

Welcome! You and I have a lot of the same mods. What are the details of the swaps? What clutch actuation? EFI or carb? Serpentine or V-belt?

·
Registered
65 Fastback 289 4 spd, 65 convertible 5.0L 5 spd. 3.73 8.8
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s a heck of a title you have there, lol.

Welcome! You and I have a lot of the same mods. What are the details of the swaps? What clutch actuation? EFI or carb? Serpentine or V-belt?
[/QUOTE
1992 Fox body 5.0L with maf, T5 with the clutch cable for clutch from CJ Pony, 98 Explorer rear 8.8 with 3.73 limited slip, narrowed 1 7/8" on left sided with a right side axle installed in left, with 98 explorer brakes, parking brakes and cables, no p.s., working on a.c. with Fox compressor and under dash unit.
What does yours have?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your fastback resembles Kelly H's "Jane", I think even including mudflaps. Great color! Jane has a better stance though imo. Why does your wheelbase seem short in that pic, and why the extended length rear shackles? Welcome to VMF! :)
I added rear longer rear shackles to fit the wider tires and raise the rear height. It has original rear springs that are probably weak, these cars sat low in the rear new.

·
Dimples
3,863 Posts
Nice. I have pretty much the same setup but with a Holley carb.

I can tell just from the pic that those rear springs are toast.

I dig the blue center caps on the styled steel wheels. Nice touch.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice. I have pretty much the same setup but with a Holley carb.

I can tell just from the pic that those rear springs are toast.

I dig the blue center caps on the styled steel wheels. Nice touch.
I ordered HD 5 leafs for my convertible, just installed them last week, haven't set it down on ground yet. I probably should replace the fastback ones, but just been driving it, concentrating on getting convert done. I will see how that one rides to decide which ones to get fastback. My convertible has same rims with red centers. when I get it painted this spring I will post hole project.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts