Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm about to turn 27 and my father has given me a
numbers matching 65 red mustang fast back! with the origional 289. However, I know less than nothing about cars. And the only thing I do know about old cars is that I love them. Oh yeah, and to make matters really fun my boyfriend and I just finished restoring a 72 camaro! So what knowledge I do have won't help! I'm sure I'll be asking for lots of help and suggestions. Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Well, Welcome, Happy Birthday and Congratulations. That's a great car your getting. My 1st suggestion is to loose the 72 and the boyfriend! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Seriously, Have fun with your new classic.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
welcome to the world of Mustangs..I think you will find a vintage Mustang and Camaro are very simliar..for Fords you need a smaller hammer and less duct tape to keep them running..*LOL*

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the best resource on the web for classic Mustangs. If you hang around here long enough, you'll eventually absorb more information than you ever wanted to know. Got a question? Well, I probably don't know the answer, but there are a lot of smart people here who probably do.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Welcome aboard to your new addiction! Lot's of nice people here! Glad to see a new Grrl on the board!
Renee'

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome, don't worry, we'll have you selling the 72 before you know it, and replacing it with a few more stangs. There's plenty to learn here, so read and ask, most of all, don't be shy!!
DAN

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like your FB would a prime candidate for restoration. Although I am more into modified stuff, I as well as many others in here appreciate full restos also. Just take a pause and think what do you want of your Mustang. But don't take a pause from here, you'll never catch up the posts.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Welcome to the VMF, We hope you enjoy your stay here with us. Of course if you end up like the rest of us. There is no other life outside the VMF.
This place is a great community almost like family after awhile.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Is your father looking to adopt by any chance? I have quite a list of inheritances I could use. ;-)
Congratulations on a great car and you will find this a useful and entertaining place.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Great gift! You should post some pictures of it; it will help people advise you. And now I know why the Cougar I bought for my daughter doesn't get any attention. She's only 11! (sound of hand smacking forehead) I'm 16 years too early!

Welcome to VMF!

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you have a good car to start with. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts