Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help mounting my radiator. I purchased an aluminum radiator for my 68 convertible. Its thicker than my stock radiator and for the life of me, I can't remember how the original radiator mounted on bottom. I purchased the mounts from CJ as in the link below. I'm good with the upper mount, anybody have a picture of the lower mounts installed?

MUSTANG RADIATOR MOUNTING BRACKETS LOWER SADDLE MOUNT 1968-1970

·
Registered
491 Posts
Does your radiator fit these brackets. I have a 67 with the lower 67 brackets and its no where near wide enough to fit in the brackets.So Im looking for a different lower bracket. Does anyone know of a wider bracket.Sorry to hijack your thread

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I have to enlarge the radiator slots, but I need to know how these actually mount to the frame.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The '68 lower mounts are wider than the '67 mounts. However they mount differently. To use the '68 mounts you need to drill the holes in the strut support frame, not a big deal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just mounted an aluminum crossflow radiator. Made some custom brackets essentially an L with a small piece at the bottom of the L to hold the radiator in place and bolted them to the radiator support. Mine was a little custom becasue I trimmed the core support to remove that taper or indention or whatever you want to call it built into the stock support to gain clearance. Summit sells something similar for like $12 I think includes 2 top and 2 bottom brackets may need to be modified to suit your set-up

·
Registered
586 Posts
Old thread bump time.

Can anybody give me the measurements of the 68 lower cradles? How thick of a radiator can they hold with the rubber pads?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks for that info. The bottom mounting seats on my radiator are 1-3/8".

How wide are '67 lower radiator brackets, and how do they mount (anybody have pics)?

BTW, my radiator is made by Champion (Link)

·
Registered
586 Posts
24 hr bump.

Anybody have the measurement on the 67 lower brackets? I called CJ Pony but they wouldn't get one out and measure for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts