Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here done this using the regular grille and corral?
I purchased everything (got the kit) that I needed to install the fog lights in the grille. The parts (no instructions included)arrived and I begin the install last night. Needed to use a SFH to bend the braces into the proper shape and figure out which end was up. Figure out which way the bars go on each side of the corral. Be careful tightening the too short bolts so as not to break the housings. Figure out where to run the wiring - wiring - ???

Is the underdash harness different on a car equipped with fog lights? Does anyone have a schematic on how I can run wires from each light to the underdash harness? Where does the underdash harness I bought for the fogs plug in to my existing wiring? Where do I install the circuit breaker (not included with the kit)? Thanks for any and all help.

John

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Mustang was mass produced. Most (all ?) 66 mustangs have an under-dash pigtail for the hookup of the fog lights and a place to hook up the switch. I don't believe they were originally equipped with a circuit breaker, however. Just a fuse. Wiring diagrams and pictures are available, and instructions. Try a search in the VMF.
Daniel

·
Registered
53 Posts
You metion using the orignal grill. This is OK. You also mention using the original coral, this is not OK. GTs have a different Coral which have tabs on the side for installing the bars between the coral and light. As for the circuit breaker. it is installed behind the dash on hte support for the winshield wipers. I hope this helps

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
John,

Try this site for a wiring diagram that may be helpful. Click on "Online Resources".

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
In 66 underdash wiring was not included for fogs if they were not installed. You would need to add the wiring underdash, circuit breaker, switch, and feeder to the lights. Everything you need is available from NPD and the like.

Frank

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Where did you get the "kit" to do this with? The kits I have looked at all have the new corral with the tabs on the side for the bars to attach to. That's why they are so blessed much $$$. That new corral is about $70. or so...ouch. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
circuit breaker is mounted on bracket at side of fuze panel and wiring diagram is in Osborne Manuals - i have '68 manual and it shows mounting, harness, and schematic. can scan and e-mail if you want. PM me if you want any of these.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts