Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was driving home from work in my 73 Mach 1, just cruising a normal speed in the city, when all of a sudden the car lost all it's power and then backfired and died. It hasn't started again since. It happened right in front of a Ford dealership so we pushed it in there to check it out. When it cranks over, the tach doesn't move at all and we get one spark when I turn the key and that's it. I have a full MSD ignition so I did the test on the 6AL and it seems to work fine. I tried another coil but it didn't help. The only other thing I can think of is maybe it's the magnetic pickup in the distributor but I just replaced that about 3 months ago so I wouldn't think it would have died already. It's my daily driver so I have to get it going as soon as possible. Does anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I found out today that's exactly what happened. Thanks for everyone's help. Now I gotta get it fixed...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.