Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a 1965 A code convertible......
Here is my dilemma, I am located in Washington State and the car is in Big Rock, IL.
I am sure that this is the car that I want, but I want to have it inspected prior to purchasing it (to validate that it is what the guys says it is)
Does anyone know of a inspection service that I can hire to look at the car and validate its authenticity.
I looked at Cars-Online and there service but it it too out of the way for them to go to Big Rock.

Any suggestions? The guy is holding the car for me, but has others that are interested so I need to get this done asap.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Go to the MCA club page and look for a club in your area....contact them for a referral to an appraiser...possibly one of the senior club members might do an inspection for a small fee to cover their expenses...

Good luck!

Pat
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/strtmstng002_sml.JPG

·
Registered
781 Posts
Get a cheap flight and go see it!!!! I looked a 69 GT convert last summer in Chicago and it was junk, I then flew to Oregon and found a great 70 76B Convertible which I bought! The trip is worth it when you spending money for a good car rather than wasting it on crap. You don't want to do what another experienced!!! When the transport company was delivering my car from Oregon to Wisconsin, he had a 68 Camaro Convert that was being shipped back to the seller for a refund!!! It was not rust free, the guy spent more on shipping than if he bought a cheap ticket and flew out to check it out for himself!! Take the time spend some money on travel... you won't regret it! LOL
JDiehl
70 Mustang 76B Convert, 351C 4v w/a Shaker!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
I am not a believer in buying a car that is unseen and undriven (assuming you are not buying a total restore car). Sometimes people get lucky, most of the time not. Do yourself a favor and either fly out there and inspect the car yourself, or keep looking. Just my opinion...I'd hate to see anyone get burned. I've seen and heard too many horror stories. Also, it may not be so bad, just not exactly what you expected. Still that's not good.

JJ
69 Fastback 302 2v 3sp. trans.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A guy I used to work with flew from NY to Michigan to look at a car and bought it when he was there. I don't think a car inspection place would have enough knowledge to thoroughly go over a classic Mustang. Cowl area rust is an example. They'd probably do a good job checking if the car was mechanically sound but overlook things like that. Rust is alot more expensive to fix than the engine.

You really need someone who knows Mustangs to go look at it.

http://www.hurtle.com/cars/mustang/sig.gif
Please contribute to my Reproduction Parts Rating Site

1 - 5 of 5 Posts