Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please explain the correct intake manifold to auto transmission vac. tubing setup for my GT350H? A diagram or picture would be great, if possible. I have (purchased) a 6" piece of "s" shaped 3/8" tubing with a threaded fitting on one end that goes either directly into the shelby intake manifold or into another fitting(not sure, but possible a 90 degree elbow?). I also have a much longer piece of metal tubing with a piece of rubber hose at each end. I'm sure I can figure this out after the setup is correct off the intake manifold. Thanks

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I don't know if the Shelby uses a different vacuum line than the stock Mustangs (I doubt it, though). The stock line is a metal tube with no fittings or threads on it, kind of bent in an S shape. There should be a clip on one of the tranny to block bolts that it snaps into, and another on the transmssion itself. Then it is connect from the tube to the intake's vacuum tree and from the tube to the vacuum modulator with rubber vacuum hose.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that the GT350's were identical the Mustangs. Now, I don't have a vac. tree, as you mentioned. The PCV hose goes into one threaded fitting on the intake. The remaining vac. port is threaded and located just rear of the "s2ms" part number on the manifold. Should the small "s" tube thread directly into this port or is there a fitting?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts