Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

About to buy a turn signal switch from CJ pony but wanted to make sure this is going to fix the issue. So 2 weeks ago I was driving making a right turn and it seems like it snapped. I can hold the turn signal down for a right turn and it will blink going right. I let go and it goes back to normal, I go up and the left turn sticks like its supposed to. I feel like a plastic piece snapped that usually holds the turn signal down. Tried looking up on google and there is nothing based on what I am asking. Thanks

***Did more research and I think its the "Turn signal Cam"? Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Definitely the turn signal switch. The cam releases it while turning back to center, or off.

Yours wont hold on, therefore it's the switch.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36,468 Posts
Hello everyone,

About to buy a turn signal switch from CJ pony but wanted to make sure this is going to fix the issue. So 2 weeks ago I was driving making a right turn and it seems like it snapped. I can hold the turn signal down for a right turn and it will blink going right. I let go and it goes back to normal, I go up and the left turn sticks like its supposed to. I feel like a plastic piece snapped that usually holds the turn signal down. Tried looking up on google and there is nothing based on what I am asking. Thanks

***Did more research and I think its the "Turn signal Cam"? Can anyone confirm?
I'm confused. Why would holding the turn signal "down" signal a right turn? Or did you mean "up"?

Most likely the turn signal switch is damaged. What year is your car? That matters, too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your correct I switched in around. It’s a 67 mustang.
I'm confused. Why would holding the turn signal "down" signal a right turn? Or did you mean "up"?

Most likely the turn signal switch is damaged. What year is your car? That matters, too.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
In my humble opinion, you'll be money ahead by purchasing a NOS Ford turn signal switch from the likes of fleabay. Or seeing if anyone here on the forum has one for sell out of their stash of parts.

John

·
Registered
845 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts