Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to find reupholstery that fits all of these needs for a front bench seat on a 1966 emberglo mustang coupe:

-Emberglo/Parchment Color Scheme
-Deluxe Pony Interior
-Fits a front bench seat

Does such a thing even exist?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have seen it a few times and the owners all said it was custom made.

·
Registered
35,835 Posts
So I need to find reupholstery that fits all of these needs for a front bench seat on a 1966 emberglo mustang coupe:

-Deluxe Pony Interior
-Fits a front bench seat

There was never a deluxe bench interior. You could, however, special-order it from Glazier/Nolan.

·
Registered
316 Posts
We have a bench seat also in our 68.....Went to the local Mustang store(Mustangs and More) and Sue ordered the kit for our seat....Grant it ours is black but she got us the kit....Only thing my friend who does upholstery had to do by himself was the armrest, which needed new foam and recovering.....I bought the pads for buckets seats and he filled in the space in between with matching size foam.....Turned out great.......

Attachments

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
they make pony interior bench seat kits, i have a blue/white bench seat kit in my basement for whenever I get around to sandblasting my bench frame. one difficult thing is there is no pony seat cushions for bench, you have to piece a bottoom cushion together with bucket seat cousions & foam.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I bought my kit from cj pony parts
it was an overstock item, great price

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Contact TMI and get details on a custom made kit from them, they can do most anything. Then "order" it from any parts reseller (all they do is order it from TMI anyway) that sells TMI kit.

By you dealing with TMI direct you cut out potential for mistakes in a non-returnable special order if the vendor doesn't get it right.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Mustangs Unlimited lists pony (deluxe) seat upholstery by TMI for front bench seat, emberglo/parchment is one of the listings. When you punch it in there's a note: although deluxe pony interior wasn't offered for 65/66 now you can get the exact matching material on your bench seat separate order or get the complete set.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts

-Deluxe Pony Interior
-Fits a front bench seat

yes it does.

just put your information in the drop downs and it will give you a price and part number. ;)

UPHOLSTERY PONY INTERIOR 1965-1966 | CJ Pony Parts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts