Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a Mustang site, but any solutions to my Ranger problem would be appreciated. 1987 Ford Ranger with V6, after the engine warms up there is a smell of radiator fluid in the cabin. Changed all the radiator and heater hoses still happens. Nothing is leaking inside the cabin. Only started after I had the rad fluid changed. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
33,582 Posts
How fast can you spell "Heater Core". Probably just seeping now, but will start leaking profusely soon. BTW, this is one of the easiest vehicles to change the core in, ever. When I was wrenching, I could change one in 15 minutes.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it would be the heater core. Buy a new core and install it your self all you need is pliers and a screwdriver to get hoses off and a 8 mm socket along with a 21/2'' extension and 1/4 drive ratchet. The core is behind the glove box remove the 8-9 8mm head screws and drop the cover out opf the way and there it is. TOO EASY a shop will charge around 100-150 for labor alone ::

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As usual you guys have been a great help. My bro has a 71 Nova, keep telling him about this site and what a great resource it is, but can't help a bowtie owner.

Thanks again for the info.

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts