Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ladies, hope your having a good evening.
Like I stated above I'm having issues with the 65 bright red semi gloss interior paint from Accu Match # L-6022 matching up with my new TMI door panels. It is a little darker than the existing interior panels and the new door panels. I haven't tried the NPD version of interior red paint. Which brand seems to work the best for y'all?
thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
33,550 Posts
That was par for the course as the paint and the vinyl came from different suppliers. You COULD try having an auto paint store mix you some aerosol cans or pints to spray of 71315 Ditzler/PPG.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, but from what I've read on VMF is that the 71315 paint code can't be cross referenced or doesn't exist.
I will call an auto body paint company next week to ask.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
.....Or, you could seek an auto paint supplier in your area that has a "spectrophotometer" ( color match camera). perhaps, they can "shoot" the panel to custom mix a paint. I've used this process a number of times when restoring my vintage scoots. I like that it can adjust for the weathering of paint, to some degree.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can someone post a pic of the interior their 1965 TMI door panel and the Bright red Accu match paint from Scott drake L-6022?
When I put a painted test piece of metal next to the new TMI panel, the bright red noted above is a little darker than the TMI panel. I seen pics on this site that show the interior doors and door panels that match almost perfectly. I haven't seen any restored bright red door pics so I don't know how close it supposed to match. The new color is no where close to the original interior red paint but I guess 50 tears has faded the Bright red interior metal parts. I was hoping not to have to paint the all of the interior....
thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts