Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought the car back in 1988 the orginial rear end was supposed to be an extra part, which according to the car data tag was a 2.79:1 conventional open rear end. The car had had the rear end replaced with a 4:11:1. After all these years I am doing some major changes which include changing the rear end to something which will allow me to drive longer distances. I decided to take a look at the rear end which has been stored all these years. It is a C7AW-E. Is this a 67 3:50:1 Equa-Lock Differential which or course would not make it that which I thought it was?
thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Hi Doug - can't answer you question directly but if you look at my post (posted by Bill Scott) you will see a reference site where repy to my post was identified. my post subject was rear axle bearing?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
HI Doug- can't answer your question directly but if you look at my post in last 2 days with rear wheel bearing question the rejply to post gave a reference site where any rear end info can be obtained supposedly. post is sent by Bill Scott.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
The C7AW-E is the case casting number, it is the standard single rib 9 inch case found in millions of cars and trucks from 1967 to 1985 or so. That number won't tell you much, since you have it out you should be able to count the gear teeth and identify if it is trac loc or equa loc visually. Look at my web page in signature for photo references.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts