Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day, My 1967 Mustang Coupe needs a re-wiring makeover. A few years back someone tried to steal my car, all they did was burn it up.(thank God) I had the car repaired but they did a poor job now I want it re-done. I am in the Columbia, Maryland, and would like to find someone to completely rewire my car.I'm in the process of restoring this car that has been in my family since 1968...

JimmyB0411
[email protected]

·
Registered
637 Posts
Have you seen the original-style wiring harnesses for sale? Using those harnesses, along with the old wire diagrams, should get you in business. All the wire colors, stripes etc match so you just gotta plug it all up. Even the connectors will already be there for you.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi and welcome. Wiring a car isn't too big of a deal, especially if you buy a direct fit harness. If you are mechanically inclined you should be able to do it yourself. In case you are interested I am in the process of rewiring my 67 for similar reasons. I am actually writing a how-to thread on stangnet. Once I finish I'm going to make a more concise version to post on here.

Rewiring a Classic Mustang - Mustang Forums at StangNet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you seen the original-style wiring harnesses for sale? Using those harnesses, along with the old wire diagrams, should get you in business. All the wire colors, stripes etc match so you just gotta plug it all up. Even the connectors will already be there for you.
Thanks Guys, that does sound a lot easier than I thought. what about threading through the body to the rear of the car, is that easy as well. I saw a kit "Painless Chassis Harness kit" on MustangPlus.com and it looked easy but I thought what if I get it all installed and it doesn't work??? I will then be lost!!

jimmyB0411

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
American AutoWire is gaining some recogniton for aftermarket direct fit harness as well and is a little cheaper than Painless. Read up on these to see what works best for your skill level and budget.

Here is a guy that is doing his 67-68 with AAW's restomod harness. Is designed to direct-fit the car but has additional circuits/relays for electric fans, stereo, and other modern day add-ons. He has lots of pics as well, is good reading if you are thinking on tackling this yourself.

Rewiring a Classic Mustang - Mustang Forums at StangNet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
WOW!! Airmenair / miketyler...good details. well my car is all together It looks easier with everything out! Maybe I can do it parts at a time, is that possible?? I will definitely wait for the "HOW TO" to post on StangNet. thank you.
JimmyB0411

1 - 6 of 6 Posts