Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what you people are doing to me. The same weekend that I picked up my Sportsroof I seen a 70 coupe sitting in a trailer park. It hasent moved in at least a week and it is not a high rent trailer park. I start thinking that I might be able to get it at a good deal. :: Wait, wait, I havent even started working on my car what am I thinking.

I have to blame this on someone, why not the VMF??

I am now going to start taking donations from the VMF and I think that I have the right, afterall you are the ones that got me this way ;) ;).

If any one is looking for a 70 coupe and you would like me to see what I can do on it, let me know.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SWMBO thinks that i'm going to break my neck one of these days when I catch some pony tail lights out of the corner of my eyes ::.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Yesterday, on my way into Austin for a business meeting, I met a '68 fastback waiting to turn into an appartment complex. It was that rich, 1968 teal color with amber fog lights in the grill. I only glimpsed it; but it didn't appear to be restored...

As I zoomed past him, I though to myself "I'll bet he would trade me and give me a few thousand extra!" By the time I got to my meeting, I had spent the extra money on new parts for the '68, and was almost disappointed to see my plain ol' '66 GT there in the parking lot.

"What am I thinking!?!?" I said to myself. A lot of folks would kill to have a fastback like mine – especially one that's this dependable! Why, I wouldn't hesitate to drive this thing cross country. "I'll never get rid of this one!" So, if I have it so good, why was I disappointed to see that appartment complex was a gated community on my way back? :p

It's never good enough, man – never!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Ladies and gentleman...our plan is WORKING!! WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!!!

Be careful...soon it will start infecting you like a wildfire. Be thankful it is only Mustangs right now. You could branch out like me and get whiplash when you spot an F100 too.

Ahhhh....soon...soon. Soon you too will be restoring that next "find" in your head , and have it finished by the time you get to your destination, and then go on a mad search for the project to fulfill your next idea!. Bwa- ha-ha-ha!!!(***Rubs hands together and grins wickedly***) ;)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Your lucky, i have a fully developed disease. Good news is my wife always knows where I'm at, and i haven't had to steal anything to support my habit. Not yet anyway.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Geez, I know what you mean! I'm sitting here trying to figure out some kind of 3-way deal that would allow me to pick up another one myself... Of course, SWMBO doesn't know about the gear grinding in my head yet, so I might wind up with a lockup that will kill this one ... for now ... ::

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What was real scary was when we were on our way back with the car there was a T-bird off the side of the highway ( dont know the year but it was pretty :D) that was for sale and SWMBO seen me look at it and she called me on the cell and said " we have two cars and two people, how do you think we could get it home??"

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
If left untreated Mustang Fever will develop into Wizcoitus.

Symptons include,: Inability to mow your yard because there are so many "projects" lying around.

Complaining neighbors.

Ignorance of depleting resources.

The need to buy "just one more"

The delusion that you are saving these rusty hulks from certain death.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
We should start a clinic, kind of like the Betty Ford clinic. We could call it the Lee Iococa Clinic for the Mustangly Insane. The only logistical problem I see, is that the parking lot will need to be extremely large, completey covered and include many lifts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts