Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me identify my Mustang?

I know it is a 1967 but was told I have some type of special edition because the turn signals are embedded in the hood.

Pictures of the car can be viewed here http://www.sagentonline.com/1967mustang.html

Can someone please let me know if there were limited/special editions from 1967 or any other information you can get from the pictures.

It has been restored but I am trying to make it complete.

You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Your coupe looks to be a normal V8 Automatic. The best way to determine if your car has anything special about it is to decode the VIN and data plate. Then you can do things like look at specials that were built by dealers and some of the other one-offs that appeared during the History of Mustangs. Post your VIN and you will get a breakdown of the car.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Welcome to the VMF.

Well, you should begin by checking the vin# against a decoder which will provide some good info.

From what I can see in the photo's:
The hood IIRC, was part of an exterior decor group package which included the rocker mldgs and chrome hood edge mldgs. I thought it also included chrome trunk edge mldgs but I do not see those on your car. I also may be mistaken about their inclusion in the package.
Interior is standard, engine looks to be a V8, likely 289, it's not a big block nor a hi-po based on the vacuum advance canister on the dizzy and non-open element air cleaner.

Exterior and interior look clean, nice color combo. FYI, spin the air cleaner top around so the engine decal faces the front.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
The decal on your air cleaner looks like a "Sports Sprint" decal. This includes the previously mentioned exterior decor group, etc. I'm not up to speed on the details. I have a '67 Sports Sprint, and though there might not be too many around, they're not particularly sought after like California Specials, High Country specials, GTs, etc.

Nice looking coupe!!

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Sports Sprint's are mostly found in 6 cylinders, so having one in a V8 is a bit of a rarity. There were some other under hood chrome items besides the air cleaner lid, but I do not remember off hand what they were.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Actually, the 67 exterior decor group consisted of turn signal hood, bright wheel opening moldings, and pop-open gas cap. All 67s (and 68s) had the hood lip molding. Rocker panel moldings were standard on fastbacks (except shelbys) and a separate option for coupes and convertibles. Also, trunk lid and 1/4 extension moldings were standard on fastbacks and a separate option for coupes and convertibles.

Regards,

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for your input. It has been very helpful.

Here is the VIN #7F01C206408 if anyone knows how to decode it (or can direct me on how to do so).

Is there a website that anyone knows of about the Sports Sprint? I found one about the Dusk Rose, but mine is Acalpulco (sp?) Blue.

Thanks Again!

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Sounds and looks like you have a Sports Sprint. It was a package that Ford intorduced in the spring to help with slumping sales over the winter. Don't confuse this with the Sprint package for the 65 and 66. Those were for 6 cylinders I believe. The Sports Sprint came with rocker panel covers, full wheel covers, white wall tires, hood mounted turn signal indicators, a chorme air filter top with the Sports Sprint decal and a vinyl covered shift handle. I think the only way you can find out for sure if your's is a SS is to contact Kevin Marti at Marti Auto. That was the only way I could tell for sure on mine. If you go to the Ford sight (I think) they have an article about the sports sprint. IIRC there were about 7000 sports sprints in 67. My understanding is that it does not add a lot to the value, at least for now. I (we) can only hope it will go up. Obviously, I have different wheels and tires on mine now, but I have all the original wheels and covers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts