Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set up the glass bead blasting cabinet in the basement last week. I started cleaning up my headlight door. I've been working on them the past couple nights. SWMBO was complaining about all the noise (compressor). Well, yesterday, my oldest son decided to use her favorite cast iron frying pan to "destroy" some eggs. I decided to be nice and took the pan down and blasted it clean. Again I heard her yelling about the noise. I came out of the basement with her NEW frying pan. and cleaned up for the night.

This afternoon, when I went downstairs, I found 3 more pans on my work bench. Well [Gomer]surprise, surprise, surprise, [/Gomer] it seems the noise doesn't bother her anymore. ;)

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
The downside the cleaning the cast iron skillets is now they need to be seasoned again. That type of pan is my wifes favorite, lucky me I do nearly all the cooking and like to use other types.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did season the pan afterward. The downside to this is now I get hungry when blasting. I can smell the bacon grease. I guess I will change the media next week...maybe ;)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Just don't let em' find out that your buffer will take that scum off the bathtub..
simple green on carpet stains..
chrome polish on copper cookware...
Dremel on the oven grates...
On the other hand.....
vinegar is great for cleaning stainless and will clean hard water chunks out of a radiator..
oven cleaner as previously discussed...
dishwasher and oven are good bargaining tools for when you catch em' with your chamois in the bathroom!
Bruce (TX)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I have a similar experience although my wife never really compained about the compressor noise. She tolerates my obsession with restoration and the other things that com e with Mustang mania. But she recognized the value of my blasting cabinet when I restored some of her things and repainted them. Whe she realize dthat there was absolutely NO elbow grease involved she appreciated the investment I made in the cabinet! She can care less about how I am able to turn a rusty old metal Mustang part into a brand new piece. But when the tool can be used for her benefit...well, 'nuff said!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts