Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through some family picts. the other day and found the window sticker where my father bought a 1967 fastback. The sticker is in very good shape for the age and the vin # is there. Is there a way of searching by the vin to see where the car is? Would be a great gift for dad if i could get it.

Thanks for any help. Todd

·
Registered
154 Posts
You could go to the DMV and find the current owner, with the VIN number, depends on the clerk at the DMV, some are lenient about this and some strictly abide by the DMV guidelines and won't give the info due to privacy issues.

·
Registered
433 Posts
vin

you could post the vin and someone might recognize it. also post a picture and any other info you might know such as state last registered in. if you are lucky to find the owner dont be dissappointed if he does not want to sell. Maybe you can make his day by providing the window sticker to him. good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No record of it in Texas. I probally couldnt buy it if i found it thought it would be neat to find it. I left the VIN at work but will post it later. I will send the sticker to the owner if they can be located. I did find out the car was bought new in RI and sold there a couple years later. I will call the RI DMV later to check. The lady behind the counter said her son was able to find his grandfather's 66, the owner was not interested in selling.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Well, another nice gift might be getting a deluxe Marty Report that he could hang on his wall. It won't bring the car back, but would be neat.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
i dont like to be the messenger of bad news but it could have ben wrecked and scrapped. it could have ben sold to a buyer in another country and got shipped there. and if nun of the above the owner might not be on any mustang forums. i have owned many mustangs since 1973 and just got on this forum about a year or so ago. i know a company that builds and restores shelbys and mustangs and they just got on a couple of ford forums a few months ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts