Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have some things happen that it may be time to sell my car. Here is a link to my build thread.

http://www.vintage-mustang.com/#/forumsite/21081/topics/976625?page=1

I am thinking of asking 16K, I think is about right but I am not sure and could really use the help of this forum.

There is some rust on the floor boards but aside from that the car runs and drives pretty solid. The paint is Arcadian blue and is a 5 footer, not perfect. Suspension is opentracker, granada brakes, mustang Steve power brakes, 302 with edelbrock components, 3 core radiator, 16 inch electric fan and 100 amp alternator. Painless wiring, all new brake and fuel lines. C4 resealed about 6 months ago, engine resealed same time. No leaks!

Interior is just redone. 89 mustang seats with tmi upholstery, all new scoot drake products, steering wheel, horn ring, classic console hump hugger and aftermarket gauges. It's all in the build thread. I would really appreciate your honest input to what I should sell it for. I have looked on CL and saw about 20 mustang coupes and mine is better than most of them and they range from 15 to 17k.

I really need your help.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,744 Posts
FYI your build thread link didn't work for me just went to the "most popular discussions page" Not sure of you situation but have seen you do a LOT of work in a short amount of time to the car .I couldn't sell mine I get attached ,But good luck

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI your build thread link didn't work for me just went to the "most popular discussions page" Not sure of you situation but have seen you do a LOT of work in a short amount of time to the car .I couldn't sell mine I get attached ,But good luck
I am attached but family comes first. Besides I can always get another car down the line. Definitely another mustang. Need to sell this one first.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's weird I just tested the thread and it worked for me. I can try again when I get home

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Build thread is on page 2 in the build forum until the link is fixed. Telecomboss, just my opinion, and its worth exactly what you're paying me for it, the car is probably worth what you are asking. But to get that price, it's probably going to take time to find the "right" buyer who is looking for what you have in the car (i.e. the upgrades you noted). I've seen a couple of times on the forum where guys needed to sell and it just didn't go good for them. I wish you all the luck in the world selling the car and of course hope everything is well family/life wise...

Just don't get down if you don't get offers quickly (especially from the forum, these people here are building their own). I would list it everywhere you can think of so as many eyes as possible see it...

Allen

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
That's a lot of love you've put in the car but I understand that family comes first! Good luck with your sale. Seems like a good price for the quality of the restoration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts