Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had intended on running the TCI front package that comes w/ brakes but plans may be changing and I need to find some good brakes soon. The car will have thin spoke 17" wheels('98 cobra stock wheels) and i'm not trying to let appearance put function on the back burner but the end result needs to look good.

On to plan B:

CPP front mini kit w/ plate & uppers and lowers.

That said I need to choose a good brake system for the car.
Requirements:
-be under $1000 total including spindles & lines if I have to buy new ones, I have 6 cylinder 4 lug late 67 spindles in good condition
-stop a 67 mustang on an autox course or at the end of the drag strip

Choices I have found so far include:
Wilwood's 140-11072, which would be cool because its got larger rotors, good looking calipers and its different...but how's the performance?

Scarebirds stuff-seems to be made of good OEM replacement parts w/ easy to find parts. again hows the 60-0?

discbrakeswap.com's KH brakes. I really like the look of the included slotted rotors and big calipers but I've randomly come across negative non-informative comments on the KH brakes. I like this kit because I can get it w/ a new booster and MC all at 1 time.

Anything I'm missing besides just plain stock brakes?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of all the possible combinations I've come across I can't believe I haven't seen any SN95 cobra brake conversion kits. are they not out there?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hell yeah tada!

Expect a call soon on this. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts