Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a 1972 Mach-1. The car is located quite far from me and I won't be able to get the VIN-number until then.
But I have pictures of it and now I need to know how I can tell if it is a Mach-1 or "just" a fastback.
Did the doors have different handles on the Mach-1 inside the door? What kind of steeringwheel was mounted on the 1972 Mach-1? Was the rearwing standard on the Mach-1?

I have pictures of the cars interior and exteriors, but since it have been repainted (ugly) none of the decals are left.

//Kris

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I find the VIN-number anywhere else than on the door?

//Kris

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Up by the Windshield drivers side next to the daash there should be a cutout with the vin in it. You see it by looking on the outside of the car towards the bottom of the glass.
No rear wings were not standard.

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
The body code in the VIN will be 05 if it is a Mach.They are the 3&4 digits in the VIN.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The other place that can be checked is pull a fender back and on the shock tower the Vin is stamped and should match the title....Good luck. What's the vin and many will help decipher the code.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody!

I got the VIN-code, it's 2F05H155311

I guess it's a Mach-1 after all? Since I've seen a "ordinary" fastback and this interior looked exactly like it. Different steeringwheel, the inside of the doors. Also no back-spoiler and different gasolinelid made me think twice...

//Kris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts