Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking for help determining the approximate build date of my uncle's 65 Fastback. The door tags were removed by the PO for media blasting of doors however have been lost since. Here is the VIN #5F09C392250. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Couple of ways you could estimate it, we know it's a 65, if the drivetrain is original you could get the date codes off the intake, block, etc. and get close. Since it's the 392250th car built out of Dearborn, someone who'se got a close "Unit" number (and a 65 and built in Dearborn) could also get you a close estimate. Good luck, keep us posted!

Kelly

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, for the help. If the PO ever finds the data plate (Moving Houses and numerous other Mustangs) I'll let you know. The car did come from VA. My guess would be 25 (Richmond) or 26 (Washington). Thanks for the help.

As best we can tell the car was originally Dynasty Green with black vinyl/cloth seats. It was equipped with 289 2V, Auto w/Console, power drum brakes, fog lights (only the factory switch remains). That's about all we can tell. The car was disassembled when he got it. You can see pictures of it here along with my aunt's 64.5 convertible and my 65 fastback.
http://groups.msn.com/Matts1965FordMustangFastback

Thanks again, Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts