Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this article today, for those who might know more about this prototype, people at Ford would like to hear from you.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
That's pretty cool. I'm thinking anyone from Ford that might know something is probably no longer above ground.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
that thing is cool. check out the other cars in the background. looks like a fiberfab nose on the car in the top left of the photo. and I can't make out the one directly behind it, maybe the cougar 2?

·
Registered
116 Posts
If I had ever won the lottery, I would have taken a serious look at building a two seat mid-engine Mustang. Start with a new fastback body shell, replace the big sloping back window with a small upright one behind the seats, leaving a couple "sails" on the sides, and open up that back area. To keep the power train costs down, reliability up, and availability easy, use an Audi V8 and transaxle. Of course, if I won the lottery I guess I could use a Ford GT powertrain or something. Or just buy the whole car...

·
Registered
236 Posts
If I had ever won the lottery, I would have taken a serious look at building a two seat mid-engine Mustang. Start with a new fastback body shell, replace the big sloping back window with a small upright one behind the seats, leaving a couple "sails" on the sides, and open up that back area. To keep the power train costs down, reliability up, and availability easy, use an Audi V8 and transaxle. Of course, if I won the lottery I guess I could use a Ford GT powertrain or something. Or just buy the whole car...
You have invented the Fiero GT! :)

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
That's a transaxle. Good luck finding a ZF 5-DS-25. It's a $10k+ piece in need of love if you do.The 'white' cars are the clay mock ups showing the design intent. So you basically have all the views except for the 'intended' tail view. I would do the hatch differently. Probably more like the Mach 2. Pretty cool though. There are lots of design studio photos out there, but this is the first time I have seen this particular set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts