Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to locate a new/unused air cleaner decal for Chuck's California Special. He has the 6-cylinder engine (200) and the original decal was a light blue in color. A couple of years ago he was able to get a replacement from Virginia Classic Mustang. Now all the vendors are only carrying a dark blue decal, which is not correct.

I would really like to try and find him another light blue replacement for the current decal--which is aging--so if anyone can help me out with this search that would be terrific. He has called NPD, VA, MU, and a few others. Does anyone have a light blue 200 CID decal that you can spare?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, that's for a Sprint, which is different. This decal just has "200" on it and a part number in the lower right corner. It's light blue with a black line border all around. Thanks, anyway!

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Found one but it's a little discolored.

Ehay 2426219066

I looked through all my Mustang magazines and websites and haven't found anything. I am going up to Mid County Mustang soon and I will ask Pat (owner) if he can get me any or know where to find them. If I find one it will be my treat. ::

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Jim Osborn Reproductions Inc
(770)962-7556
Fax (770)962-5881

DF0355 1964-69 200 CID AIR CLEANER DECAL LT BLUE 2.50

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that's about the right color, but there also is a part number in the lower right-hand corner (when you're facing the air cleaner).

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I'll let Chuck know! ::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts