Vintage Mustang Forums banner

help needed on carb intake choice.

469 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  60sStang 
#1 ·
i have a 72 vert w/302-2v,auto,ps.just installed a dual exhaust w/headers. time to decide what combo to go with for my carb and intake.should i go single plane or double? go with demon carbs or edelbrock? or holly. too many choices i need guidance. i need help!!!!!!!!!!!! ::

#4 ·
Tell us some more about your engine and trans, specifically the compression ratio of the engine (if it's not OEM '72), camshaft, and converter stall speed, along with rear gear ratio.

For a stock long block in a heavy car with a tight converter and tall gear, one combo which comes to mind is a Cobra repop with a 4100...

#5 ·
as far as i know it is a stock 302 (72) w/c4 tranny.

#6 ·
I'd then stick with my suggestion. An older dual plane with a small carb will increase driveability and can be purchased relatively inexpensively used. The ones I suggested will also hold their value and can easily be sold if you upgrade the long block and need more breathing ability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.