Vintage Mustang Forums banner

help needed on parts #

583 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  frohlich 
#1 ·
i need help from the parts experts out here..just got back from a visit with my aunt, to show her the "new" 65 fastback. after a little talking, she remembered having what she thought was a 65 coupe, and still had some of the parts.after a little looking, we located a set (of 4) seatbelts(red), and the radio(am)also a "script" mustang emblem..which makes me beilive that it was a 67 or 68 instead.the seatbelts are in near new cond. 3 of them still have the rotunda(cloth) instuctions on them(1/2 the forth one is torn)the part # for the front is
fomoco
B5
JR
7-64

the rear is : fomoco
B4
C4AB-6261276-A

part # on the radio is:
5TPZ-026355
just got home, so havent tried the radio yet, but she said it worked when it was removed...can anyone tell me if these are correct for the 65, or if not, what the approx value is so i can sell or trade em for the right ones?(what i have now are auto parts store aftermarket) thnx...Joe

See less See more
#2 ·
Note on the radio, seems like '65. An older gentleman that sells parts once told me, to tell a '65 from a '66 is the first station # on the left side goes as follows: If first # is a "65" then radio is from a '66. If the first # is "66" then radio is from a '65 car. Don't know this to be true yet. Others may comments.

#3 ·
The radio is a 1965 Mustang AM Radio by Philco.
The number 026355 is usually linked to the car's production date. This should be an early car.
The seat belts are very early ones... indeed they were made the 7th week of 1964 (in February)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.