Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can'ty get the dad-blamed thing to go back together. Any online info about special tricks, tips, etc?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You must be the same fella from Ford Muscle.
Hey guy's and gals , I can't help him with his problem,no experience here, perhaps someone else can.
If I'm correct, your having a hard time re-assembleing the tilt mechanisim? If not, put some details down.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same guy. Took apart the shaft, column and replaced the stock box with the Flaming River $$$$$ box. Can't get the pieces back together. Would like an exploded view of the column assembly if available. Or suggestions on a replacement that is less of a pain in the @$$.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I'll check the shop manual cd when I get home.
I'd take a look see at Flaming rivers unit or Ididit's
I'd imagine that FR would be a good bet since you have their box.
I'd hate to see you sell the car over this. Especially since I' not close enough to buy! :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am only considering selling because parts are so hard to find, so expensive, and often of inferior quality, design, or materials.

I love the body style and the chrome and the horse on the front and the hood, and the general look of the car. Always have, but I am tired of fighting with it instead of driving it. This car is in the garage diabled more often than it is able.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts