Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm trying to hook up my parking brake cables underneath for my '69 convertible, and the two ends are about 6" too short. I re-checked the cable lengths and both are the right length. I did get the floor pans replaced a long time ago, and I'm thinking the bracket that holds the hook for the cable (passenger side) may have been re-welded in the wrong spot. (The parking brake cable was missing since I got the car)

Can anyone tell me exactly where that bracket should go, or even send a photo of the floor pan underneath? (Or if I'm missing a critical step in installing the cable)? You can also email me at [email protected]

Thanks a bunch,
Will ::

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Mike, that's an unreal build you have going on. I think that is the nicest restoration I've seen outlined on this board.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ken, Thanks for the kind comments, this is my first attempt at doing a full scale concours restoration. My others were nice and very close to concours, but not completely there.

I love that color on your car and the wheels.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike, thanks for the picture. If, by chance, you're underneath the car again sometime soon, could you grab a measurement of where the bracket is in relation to something else underneath there?

Cheers,
Will

1 - 7 of 7 Posts