Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing some JBA headers on my 65 coupe w/ 302/T-5(stock linkage). The drivers side header wont even come close to fitting, it hits the steering box, and looks like it needs an inch more clearence to fit. I have the '66 and up frame mounts, and engine mounts. On JBA's website(not in the instructions) it advises using '70 motor mounts. The only problems I have with this are that I would prefer not to go thru the hassle of changing my motor mounts and if the motor sits higher(I assume this is the reason for changing to '70 mounts) will this not throw off the alignment of the Z-bar on my clutch linkage? I am really frustrated, I hope you guys can help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
With 69-70 motor mounts your small block will sit higher...allowing the easy install of the JBAs

by the way JBA is a good choice of headers.....thicker material means less thermal dissapation and noise.....

This means more torque!!!

seeya!
ps and they look nice too!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
yeah, they are great headers and do look great. i sincerely hope that you use the correct motor mounts as well. i have a 351W in my '66 and the mechanic didn't put the right motor mounts in mine. JBA recommends using '70 mounts, and now i have a bolt that has punctured it's way into the right side header. i don't thinkit will make a difference with your motor.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I just installed JBA headers last weekend in my 66 using stock (New from local auto parts store) 66 motor mounts. It is tight by the stearing box but fits fine. I had to install them from under the car and they sliped right in. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts