Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if someone can confirm some information for me.How many S-code 390 were made in 67.Of that number how many were 4 speed? Of those 4 speed how many were fastbacks? Another website is telling the car only came with a 3 speed? That just sounds wack.

G

·
19,398 '67 fastbacks with a '390, 11,160 were 4 speed cars. There were 861 390 fastbacks that came with a 3 speed (Code 1 on the door data plate).

·
Registered
371 Posts
Charles correct me if i'm wrong but standard trans was a 3spd and the auto and the 4spd were a option .

This would mean what he read was info that was not completed or deleted by mishap . Even today alot of vehicles are standard trans but dealer orders them with a auto to sell it . Its about a $800 option even .

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,682 Posts
IIRC In '67 if you orderded the 390 you also had to select an extra cost transmission. You needed to either pay for a heavy duty 3 speed manual, a 4 speed, or the C6 automatic.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I know they made a larger input for BB compared to SB . Also i know you can use a SB toploader on a 390 but will have to have a special size pilot bushing made since snub on input SB TL is shorter .

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,682 Posts
Again, IIRC every 390 equipped Mustang came with an extra cost transmission from the factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts