Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my 302 2v Std motor fired up idles fine and revs ok no backfire etc,problem is when engine is hot it will turn over but will not start i have fuel at carb and it does shoot thru the jets when i pump the throttle. I also have a new carb/fuel pump/spark plugs.Could it be a bad coil ? or distributor ? thanks in advance. javed

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Do you have an Edelbrock carb? Edelbrocks have a side hung fuel bowl and if you are not running a spacer or are running an aluminum spacer the thing will heat up and vapor lock. Check for any fuel lines that may be too close to the engine block as that could cause a vapor lock situation. Your timing may be too advanced as well if it is not a vapor lock situation.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry i forgot to say it has a holley 2v and there is a 2 inch spacer between carb and manifold.I will double check the timing.thanks javed

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Advanced timing may cause the hard starts and even for the engine to turn over slower. Sounds like you have fuel if your seeing it squirt. Back up the timing a little and see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts