Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
When you say all....that includes shelbys with the rear seat delete, so.....no.....pay up! BUT they left the factory as 2+2's so.........draw ??

·
Registered
873 Posts
All 2+2 means is 2 seats in the front and 2 seats in the rear from what I understand it was an insurance thing. But I suppose not if you consider the 65 and 66 GT-350's as they did not have the 2+2 wording or rear seat.

·
Premium Member
13,249 Posts
All '65/'66 Fastbacks had the fold down rear seat. There was no option for a "fixed" rear seat. The fixed rear seat became standard in '67 and the fold down seat was optional. By '69 the fold down rear seat was scarce.
And all '65/'66 Fastbacks had 2+2 emblems on the front fenders except for the cars that were going to Shelby. Those cars had no emblems at all.

·
Registered
37,723 Posts
All '65/'66 Fastbacks had the fold down rear seat. There was no option for a "fixed" rear seat. The fixed rear seat became standard in '67 and the fold down seat was optional. By '69 the fold down rear seat was scarce.
And all '65/'66 Fastbacks had 2+2 emblems on the front fenders except for the cars that were going to Shelby. Those cars had no emblems at all.
Actually..... GT's didn't have the 2+2 emblems, either. :)

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
I always referred to them as 2+2s as that's what I learned they were called in 68, when I purchased a Caspian Blue '65 3 speed 289V 2+2. Geez, I wish I still that old girl........I installed the requisite duals, and the Cobra Kit, all for the paltry sum of $225. What would that Coba kit, alone, be worth today.......?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts