Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum although not new to classic mustangs having owned a '66 fastback Shelby clown for many years but just last week I answered my life long dream of owning a 1969 r code mach 1! :pirate:

Where should I be looking buck tags (my car is a Dearborn car if that matters)?

Thanks

PS. Sorry if this has been answered before, I did try searching the forum first but didn't find what I was looking for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 69 r code myself. I found a tag on the passenger side, rear of shock tower and up on the wall towards the hood. I think it was riveted in. If therea are other tags I did not come across them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 69 r code myself. I found a tag on the passenger side, rear of shock tower and up on the wall towards the hood. I think it was riveted in. If therea are other tags I did not come across them. Hope this helps.
thanks, thats were I will look first.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Yeah, the buck tag should be located on the top of the fender apron, on the passenger side, behind the shock tower.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
On my 69 Coupe which was built in Metuchen, NJ it is located on top of the rear inner fender panel behind the shock tower by the hood hinge.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
i have a dearborn 69 mach and will confirm what beuning said.

mine was screwed into the radiator support passenger side right up to where the fender rests.

i can take a picture of the location of the screw hole if need be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts