Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reinstalling the instrument cluster on my 66 coupe. I came across a wire that appears to be brown with a red stripe with a single yellow plug on the end. I cant seem to find it on any of the wiring diagrams... Where does it go!!!

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
Very strange...no yellow plugs in the mustang, except for the 3-female plug for the accessories. Brown/red stripe? Only colors are green, blue, black, white that have red stripes. What matching plugs don't have wires going to them? Where does this brown/red stripe wire appear to go to?

http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/platesmall.jpgLet me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting! Formerly known as Midlife in the old VMF.
King of the Old Farts *struts*

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may be a dirty white and red wire... for more description on it: it hooks up to a 3 plug connector with a black and red stripe wire going in to the connecter, then the black with red stripe stripe wire goes through the firewall and disappears under the car, to the rear maybe? Hope this clears it up somewhat

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
There are a couple of flat 3 plug connectors underdash. One has a blue w/ red stripe wire. That is for accessory lights (i.e. radio light, rally-pac light, etc.). The other is a connector with a black wire. That is a power supply for accessories (i.e. radio). The black w/ red stripe wire that goes through the firewall sounds like a starter neutral switch wire. Any more details that you can provide?

65 Mustang Convertible 289 C-code
Ivy Green with Ivy Gold & White Deluxe Interior
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571514&a=11942607&p=42928766.jpg

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS GUYS.... it was the light for the radio... i had it removed so i never thought of it being for that... way to go

1 - 5 of 5 Posts