Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having a hard time getting the right fit - i want to run goodyear bluestreak 6.00 x 15 (similar to 235/60-15) on 15" wheels. i have 4.25" backspace currently, and the tire is almost touching the upper arm - too close. if i go to a wheel with 3.75" backspace, i fear will have too much fender rub issues even with rolled fender
Has anyone run this tire in the front with stock sheet metal - can you tell me what wheel backspace you are using

similarly, in the rear, i want to run the same tire with 8" wide wheels with 4.5 backspace but again looks like it will hit the quarter lip. Anyone running 8" wide wheels in back with this tire? tricks for not rubbing the quarter?

my back up plan is to give up on the parts i have and go to hoosier TDR 25.5x8 - which are 0.5" narrower tires than the goodyear

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
The 6.00-15 tire on a TTD with 3.75” backspace works with a rolled fender, +3 castor and -2.5 camber. Arning drop and adj lower control arm, adj strut rods.

No comment on the rear as I run 15x7’s at all 4 corners. I can rotate at will and the car is perfect.

Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks so much for that info. you are suggesting rolling the inner lip, not rolling the outer fender at all? i plan to keep the normal "flare" of the outer metal stock, but the inner front fender lip is already flared tightly
any advice on 8" wide wheel for the rear with that tire?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you dont mind me asking, what did you do for your suspension? i am setting up as a vintage racer. i have stock arms in front, maier leafs in back
i put in 600 lb/in heavy springs up front but the car is sitting 3-4 inches too high. it has not been on the road yet, so i know it will settle a bit, but your ride height looks like just what i would want

thanks for confirming that standard 3.75" backspacing on the front wheels will clear the fenders with those big meaty tires

anyone have any opinions on the 8" wheels in the back?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts