Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I wouldn’t advise on running the blue streaks on the street. Road debris will eat them up.
And since they are bias ply, will follow every single track and grove on the surface of a highway and transitions are exaggerated. You will be fighting the steering wheel all the time on public roads.

Very thin total tire tread thickness too...most anything could puncture it.

Had these on my Cobra replica and hated them on the street.

Vintage Goodyears or Hoosiers are track tires only for a reason.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
FWIW I took these a few years ago at the SVRA at WGI
Might have been 7.00x15 not sure
SUNP0142.JPG
SUNP0145.JPG

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here is how things have gone with my 65 car:
i ended up going with hoosier 25.5 x 8.0 TDR. i actually tried the goodyear blue streak 6.0-15 and they were just too wide in front and back
i am using 15 x 7 wheels, with 4.25" backspacing. with these wheels and hoosier tires, i have just enough clearance inside the front tires, by the upper a arms. WIth the fenders rolled, they just barely clear the outside. i know others have had success, but there is no way a wheel with 3.75" backspace would fit these tires, and forget about the goodyears, which are 0.5" wider (on my car, no way they will clear the fenders)
in the rear, the same hoosier 25.5 x 8.0 with the same 15x7 wheels with 4.25" backspace clear the inner leaf spring with room to spare, but the rear quarter lip will touch, so I have to do something to roll those. again, on my car, there is no way a wheel with 3.75" backspace would clear the rear fender lip, and forget about a wider tire in the rear.
i dont know how other people get those goodyear tires to fit, but I am happy for now with this combo. I have stock front suspension, and stock 9" rear for 65.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts