Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use some help with my rear view mirror on the Shelby. I know it's at least 20 year old, and It may or may not be the original mirror. It's a 'Talbot' style, and the base is 5 1/8" long. Anyone know where I can find another? I've see them advertized, but most have a base of 4 3/4. I'd like to find one with the longer base.

G

·
0 Posts
As far as I know, Talbot mirrors were not original equipment on any '66 Shelby's. I believe that many of the '65 Shelby's used the Talbot's however. The '66 Shelby's came with the bullet style Rotunda mirror, which have been re-manufactured for several years now, and are available through many Mustang dealers. The Rotunda mirror was one original Shelby part that wasn't available for a very long period in past years and were selling for hundreds of dollars prior to re-manufacturing.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Branda has a "short base" and a "long base" mirror listed for the 66. They call them Talbot jr look alikes. The Rotunda style that they sell apears to be "long based" 1 800 458 3477 or www.cobranda.com

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Saw them, their Talbot long mirror base is 4.75" I was looking for one that's 5 1/8", reason being, this mirror has been on the car so long it has left an imprint on the paint. Would like to completely cover it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts